Taft High School is proud to offer the IB Diploma Programme (IB DP) authorized since 2001.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is a rigorous pre-university course of study culminating in global exams and assessments in the 11th and 12th grades. To prepare students for the full diploma program, Taft offers students a high honors and advanced placement curriculum in six core subject areas: English, World Language, History, Science, Mathematics, and the Arts.
The IB Diploma Programme:
- offers a continuum of education and places strong emphasis on high academic standards.
- encourages a positive attitude to learning by encouraging students to ask challenging questions, to critically reflect, to develop research skills, to learn how to learn and to participate in community service.
- encourages international-mindedness in its students and gives special emphasis to language acquisition and development.
- has a reputation for high-quality education sustained for over 40 years, giving IB graduates access to the world’s leading universities (Newsweek and US News and World Report).
Successful completion of the programme will result in the awarding of both a Taft High School diploma and an International Baccalaureate diploma.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE
- The International Baccalaureate was founded and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland in 1968.
- Central to the International Baccalaureate is the concept of education as a lifelong process.
- The International Baccalaureate has educated over 1.3 million students.
- There are currently 4,527 IB schools in 156 countries.
- IB Programmes have a reputation for:
- maintaining high academic standards
- arming students with life skills and preparing them for life in a globalized world
- developing young people who are active, knowledgeable and caring, and prepared for life in a global society
For more information on the International Baccalaureate Organization, visit www.ibo.org/iba/
Please check the menu at right for access to important IB information.
Please use the Staff link at right to contact Irene Kondos, Taft IB Coordinator with any further questions.