If you do not find the answer you need here or through the documents available at right, feel free to call Taft's Parent Portal Help Line at 773-534-1001 during regular school hours or email us using the STAFF link at right.
Getting Started – Setting Up an IMPACT Parent Connection Account
- Using your internet browser, go to www.tafths.org and on the right side of the page, click on the link for the IMPACT Parent Connection button (A at right).
- In the box that opens, click on CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP. (1 at right)
- You will then be asked to create a username and password for your account as well as to provide some personal information to establish identity. Please be sure that the information you provide exactly matches school records.
- We strongly recommend providing an email address by clicking the ADD EMAIL button. Many of the gradebook’s features utilize email and email is the only way to reset a forgotten/lost password without tech support.
- Check the box to agree to the terms of usage and click SIGN UP. Your account has been created.
Adding Students to an Account Note: To add a student to your account (and view grade and attendance information) you will need the following:
Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) will be made available to parents at Orientation, Parent Nights, Open Houses and Parent/Teacher Conference days. PINs are also available at Taft during normal school hours. Due to student safety and privacy concerns, PINs will NOT be available via email or over the telephone.
- Student Name
- Student ID Number
- Student Homeroom (Division) Number
- Parent PIN
- Using your internet browser, go to www.tafths.org and click on the link for the IMPACT Parent Connection. Login using the username and password you’ve already created.
- Click on the ADD STUDENT link.
- Fill in the online form. Be sure to enter the student information (including birth date and address) EXACTLY as it appears in CPS records. Any variation may cause problems. Click SUBMIT.
- Repeat for more students as necessary. Remember that each CPS student has a unique student ID number and Gradebook PIN associated with their name.
Using the IMPACT Gradebook Parent Connection
- Using your internet browser, go to www.tafths.org and click on the link for the IMPACT Parent Connection. Login using the username and password you’ve already created. Once logged in, you’ll see a window similar to the one at the top of the next page.
- If you have more than one student enrolled in CPS, you can change the student you are viewing using the drop down menu on the left. (2 at right)
- The links along the left side of the page (3 at right) can be used to view important information about your student’s classes, grades, attendance and progress.
- The Assignments link allows you to view assignments that have been given and graded in each class. Additional views allow you to see a summary of upcoming assignments from all classes, or any recent assignments from all classes.
- The Grades link shows a summary of averages from each report card period for all classes. You can click the teacher’s name to send them an email, and you can click on any grade to see details of the student’s work.
- The Attendance link will display a list of all attendance events (absences, tardies) recorded for your student during the school year.
- The Report Cards link will allow you to view report cards for the current grading period online.
- You can create Trigger alerts within the system as well. You can decide what events (absences, low grades) should trigger these alerts within the system. The alerts can include text messages to your mobile phone and/or email messages to your personal account.
- The Calendar link will allow you to view attendance by date, as well as any campus or district events that have been placed on the calendar in GradeSpeed.
If you forget your password, click the ‘Forgot Password’ link from the main login screen. If you provided an e-mail address during the sign up process, the password will be e-mailed to you.
Multiple Parent Accounts
Multiple parents/guardians can access a student’s account. The only requirement is that each parent must have the appropriate PIN that is linked to the student’s record.
Progress Reports and Grade Cards
Taft will continue to print grade cards at the end of each quarter and distribute them as we have in the past. However, five-week Progress reports will no longer be printed and mailed home. The IMPACT Gradebook Parent Connection allows parents real-time access to student grade and attendance information, providing a more current and accurate picture of student progress than any printed report could.
Feel free to contact us via the link below. Please be aware, however, that due to student safety and privacy concerns we cannot transmit or discuss student information (including parent PINs) via email. Parent Connection help is always available, in person, at Taft during regular school hours.