Check Out the Current PTSA Newsletter at the Bottom of This Page!
Arts - Advocacy - Parent Education
Taft PTSA (Parents, Teachers and Students), working together to:
· Support the Students via:
o National Reflections Program – Currently seeking Chair person who would be interested in the administration of the Reflection Program. If interested, please reach out to the PTSA President.
o Scholarships for Taft Students
- A $500 scholarship award to a current senior who has participated in the PTA Reflections program at least once while they are at Taft. If eligible, please email the PTSA at email@example.com
- The PTSA offers programs that can support a student, group or activity.
To request funding or reimbursement from the PTSA, please complete the attached form and place it is the PTSA mailbox located in the main office.
· Advocate on behalf of Taft with:
o CPS (Chicago Public Schools) Board of Education resulting in Capital Funding and repairs made to Taft.
o Local Political Leaders
o Area Businesses & other Community Organizations
· Hold Sessions to keep Parents informed on important topics like:
o Service Learning
o Driver's Education
o Parent Involvement & Collaboration Opportunities
2019-20 Meeting Schedule
· September 25, 2019
· October 16, 2019
· November 20, 2019
· December 18, 2019
· January 15, 2020
· February 19, 2020
· March 18, 2020
· April 15, 2020
· May 20, 2020
· June 17, 2020 *If required
All meetings start at 6:30 pm in the Forum, room 163. Please enter at the main entrance off Byrn Mawr.
*Meetings are subject to change, please check back frequently for updates.
Taft PTSA Officers
· President – Jaime Seranella
· Parent Vice President – Pamela Lesch
· Treasurer – Lynne Johnson
· Secretary – Lisa Garner
· Becoming a yearly member - the best way to stay informed!
· Volunteering - we are looking for people to help our program grow
· Donating Box Tops - we collect year-round
· Shopping the Office Depot/OfficeMax Giveback to Schools Program:
o Anytime you make a purchase of qualifying products at Office Depot/Office Max, give them Taft's School ID (70031275) during checkout and Taft HS will receive 5% back in credit for FREE supplies!
· Buy our Taft Spirit wear - available during Orientations, Parent-Teacher Conferences & select other school events!