Taft endeavors to remain on the cutting edge of technology in education. We offer several stand-alone technology programs through our Career & Technical Education (formerly Education To Careers) department and have technology use and skills integrated into the regular curriculum to a degree matched by few CPS schools and exceeded by none.
Technological resources at Taft include (but are not limited to):
- 14 Computer Labs, one designated solely for student use during lunch periods and after school
- At least one workstation in every classroom
- 1000+ computers in the building.
- Several laptop class sets
- A library with 40+ workstations
- Digital projectors in all labs and several other rooms
- 30 portable projector carts with touch screen monitors for use in regular classrooms
- 4 class sets of iPads for classroom use
- 27 Smart-Board equipped classrooms
- Campus-wide WiFi
- The list grows and grows...